The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
It's no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today's mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home mums, single mums, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book's range of nursing advice, stories, and information-from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk.
With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers:
- real-mum wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably-from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
- new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
- strategies for mums who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
- reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
- recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
- helpful tips for building your support network-at home or when back at work
- nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
- guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups. Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive.
There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
Review Hide Reviews
Written in a wonderfully warm way
This is the breastfeeding mothers bible and every mother should own a copy. Written like a chat with a friend. With bite size chunks you can dip into, you don't have to read the whole thing.