About Pinter & Martin
Pinter & Martin is an independent book publishing company based in London. Most of our books are distributed worldwide. We publish authors who challenge the status quo. We specialise in pregnancy, birth & parenting, health & nutrition, psychology and yoga.
Pinter & Martin was founded on May 9th, 1997 by the writer and film-maker Martin Wagner and childbirth educator Maria Pinter. Pinter & Martin's first publication was Stanley Milgram's extraordinary book Obedience to Authority which was out of print in the UK.
Some other milestones were:
- The publication of Childbirth without Fear in 2004, which started our ever-growing pregnancy, birth & parenting list
- The publication of Irrationality in 2007, which was our first genuine bestseller
- The publication of The Politics of Breastfeeding in 2009
- The publication of La Leche League International's The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding in 2010
- In 2015 Pinter & Martin acquired the yoga publisher YogaWords, which was originally a joint venture by Paul Walker (1961-2016) of YogaMatters and Martin Wagner
- In 2015 we launched the Why it Matters series
- In 2017 we published the bestselling The Positive Birth Book and Manhood.
- In 2020 we launched the Let's talk about... series
- In 2022 we published the Sunday Times bestseller A State of Fear
- In 2023 we moved offices to Hackney Wick in east London
Pinter & Martin is an independent publishing company based in London and distributed worldwide. Our motto is freedom to think. While we specialise in pregnancy, birth & parenting, psychology and yoga, we also publish other subjects, but only books which are very close to our hearts. Incorporating YogaWords.
Martin Wagner - owner and managing director firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Last - editor email@example.com
For all press enquiries please contact Martin Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org
David Wightman, Global Book Sales - booktrade sales (world excluding US/Canada) email@example.com
Sharon Payne - Translation Rights firstname.lastname@example.org